The Badger Fire Department Relief Association was organized and incorporated in May of 1908. The first fire hall was located on the bank of Badger Creek where Our Redeemer’s Church now stands. In 1912, a new hall was built adjacent to the alley between east Atlantic and Chicago Avenues. The current fire hall resides on University Avenue and was made possible by donations from the Badger VFW Club in 1982. Today, the Badger Fire Hall is home to the Badger Fire Department and Badger First Responders.
The BFD members work hard to maintain vehicles and equipment through the seeking of donations, grants, and fundraisers. The BFD contracts with 8 surrounding townships to provide fire service.